Over the course of the lesson, students will have the opportunity to explore the following questions:
- How do we know what we know about the past?
- What are the challenges and responsibilities of historians?
- How do geographic characteristics determine choices? (For example, climate guides decisions about food, clothing and shelter.)
- How do individual communities use scientific ideas to protect the Earth’s resources and the environment?
- How do coordinate grids help to organize information?
- How can the coordinate system improve our understanding of map systems?