This website offers accessibility to all users in a number of ways. However, due to the wide range of features on this website, we strongly encourage students to partner with others in order to get a full online learning experience.
A skip navigation function allows users to jump to the main content area on any page.
Images have alternative tags that briefly describe what the image illustrates.
Videos provide a closed caption button. If a video does not have any narration, a text version of the video is provided so users can understand the images and sounds of the video.
The Engineering Portfolio is offered in an accessible version.
- On page 8 of the Engineering Portfolio, two options are offered for students to complete the Mind Map. The table option on page 9 is accessible.
- On page 10 of the Engineering Portfolio, students are asked to plot points on a coordinate grid. An alternate to this activity is to set up your own online graph using the Create a Graph website.
- Directions for the Create a Graph website: To set up a blank grid, select the XY graph. On the next page, use the side tabs and go to Data. At the bottom of the data page are fields for Minimum and Maximum values for x and y. Put 0 for the minimum and 10 for the maximum for both x and y. Use the Preview tab to see the blank graph. Working with students, help them use the Data page to plot points on the grid. Toggle between Data and Preview to see the grid.
- On page 11 of the Engineering Portfolio, students are asked to identify coordinates of symbols on a map. For this activity, consider partnering students or work with students to provide verbal descriptions of the map.
Screen readers are strongly encouraged to use the latest version of JAWS on Internet Explorer 9 or 10. Accessibility instructions for screen reader users:
- Begin reading each page by pressing CTRL+Home.
- Use the Say All keyboard commands to hear the entire page read before trying the interactives.
- After the page has been read, CTRL+Home again to move back to the top of the page and do the interactive portions of the lesson.
- This site contains links to external websites. We cannot guarantee that all linked sites are accessible.